Friday, July 9, 2010

Big Banyan Tree

You are a big banyan tree
Am a tiny little parrot
I don’t have my nest on you
But I regularly rest on you

I fly a lot, looking for food
Your branches are my stops
I fly high, every day
Your shadow helps me rest

The humble hug you give, when I am tired
Removes all the pain in every vain
Your smile, talk and breeze
Makes me relaxed and gives me energy

You are a big banyan tree
Don’t know if you know me or not
I am a tiny little parrot
Loving you and needing you all the time

You see may many birds like me
But for me, you always make a difference
Though I fly and see many trees
None of them are as homely as you are

You are a big banyan tree
I am a tiny little parrot
You mean a lot to me always
I will love you and need you in all the ways!

BhaShe

11 comments:

ಸಾಗರದಾಚೆಯ ಇಂಚರ said...

wonderful

ದಿನಕರ ಮೊಗೇರ.. said...

wonderful.... very nice..... lovely....

Raghu said...

Nice one BhaShe..
Raaghu

Badarinath Palavalli said...

Hi,

Nice poem.

If possible read "Maravanthaguvudhu" poem in my blog:
www.badari-poems.blogspot.com

The Inner Side of "ME" said...

Nice

ಅನಂತರಾಜ್ said...

Though I fly and see many trees
None of them are as homely as you are..

nice poem.

ananth

ವಿ.ಆರ್.ಭಟ್ said...

Nice!

!! ಜ್ಞಾನಾರ್ಪಣಾಮಸ್ತು !! said...

ಭಾಶೇ ,
ನನಗೆ ಅಷ್ಟಾಗಿ ಆಂಗ್ಲ ಬರೋಲ್ಲ..
ಆದರೂ ನಿಮ್ಮೀ ಕವನದಲ್ಲಿ ಆ ಹಕ್ಕಿಯ ಭಾಷೆ ಅರ್ಥವಾಯಿತು..
ಸೊಗಸಾಗಿದೆ..

ಸುಧೇಶ್ ಶೆಟ್ಟಿ said...

Nice though simple!

shridhar said...

Interesting bond between a Banyan tree and little parrot ..

Nice one..


Visit my blog too ...

ಸೀತಾರಾಮ. ಕೆ. / SITARAM.K said...

ಹಕ್ಕಿ ಮರದ ಅವಿನಾಭಾವ ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿ ಮೂಡಿದೆ. ಚೆಂದದ ಕವನ.