Saturday, August 3, 2024

Afraid of fellow humans

When I leave home, come out 
Will I return safe, is what I wonder 
Have you ever had this thought? 
Is feeling safe a blunder? 

Isn't this why there were battle grounds
So the war won't come home 
Village was a place to take rounds 
The pain and suffering was some 

Accident of birth! I am lucky 
Food, shelter, clothes and more 
My life may not be rich and funky 
But my everyday is not gore 

I haven't earned this freedom 
But my forefathers sacrifice did 
I think of it only seldom 
It's free and is taken for granted 

Not everyone has my fate 
As guns and bombs continuously talk 
Death visits them at their gate 
Limbs torn, shredded, unable to walk 

Staying afraid of fellow humans 
Is the worst bane on human kind 
What just opinions has brought on us 
Pity! What we have done to our own mind 

BhaShe 

No comments: